View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
DJ Richard

Unhappy One window behaving oddly (car pics here too!)

I've done some reading about window problems before posting, but none I've read so far seem to replicate the issue I'm having currently.

Periodically (after rain sometimes) the right window won’t drop when the door handle is pulled, which means I can’t close the door without manually lowering the window a fraction to clear the hood frame.

I can wind it down or up with the switch, but it takes several pushes, as it only drops a few inches each time, then stops. At times I’ve been able to get it to go again by doing the 5 second reset trick, but at other times I can’t.

Sometimes it drops to ‘hood unlatched’ height (about 3 inches down) when I pull the door handle. It never does odd things when I’m driving aside from the issues mentioned and doesn’t drop or raise without me pushing the button.

The left window works like a dream all the time. I’ve tried swapping the window switches on the centre console and it made no difference to the anomaly. This problem occurs regardless of whether the hood is up or down.

There’s no graunching noise when the window is in operation.

Regulator issue? Control unit issue? It seems not to be micro-switch related.

Here's the car in question.