View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
reiver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganseg View Post
I have the same symptom as the O.P. I was hoping it could be the AOS because I could do that for $140. Then I was deflated by reiver saying that an oil leak can't be the AOS. Are you sure? More oil comes out of mine on a long right-hand turn at the track. A guy following me said it was coming out the right/pass side, not the exhaust.
I'm not a Porsche pro, but I will say that I replaced the AOS and the issue did not go away except for the oil that was being sucked into the intake. Mine leaks right (down) near one of the 02 sensors and burns off. After some spirited driving, I can watch it drip a couple of times by looking under the car on the driver side the into the exhaust area behind the wheel to see the burnoff. If it only happens on right turns, oil could be coming from somewhere else, but I don't see how it would move all the way from the passenger side to the driver side. Also, one of your hoses to the AOS would have to be bad. There were no external leaks on my bad AOS. Oil just bypassed the diaphragm and went into the intake and vacuum hoses. spark plug tubes and o-rings are a cheaper and easier fix IME, so better it to be that IMO.
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote