View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 PM   #16
blinkwatt

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharke22
blinkwatt: Out of interest what did you do on ebay to become so successful? Just intrigued..
I buy and sell guitars,guitar amps,and other related guitar equipment. Most of the time I buy old guitar amps that need repairing for cheap and I fix them. There is a HUGE international market on eBay for musical instruments. I also sell items for alot of family and friends and take a small portion of it for myself. I dont do it so much in the winter, as the concert season is slow and so guitar amps are not in demand as much. The best case scenario occured when I bought a old Ampeg V4(same amp as Rolling Stones) for $40,spent $50 on it and sold it on eBay for $750. The market is not consistent,some months I make $400,others $2000. Thats why I have a "real" job working for Raley's, they provide my health benefits and a portion of my income,and eBay supplies me with the money to have spoil myself.

I wouldn't say Iam succesfull till I buy my first house at the age of 23 like Iam planning,but spoiling myself is more like it.