View Single Post
Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
leiraaariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmidyette
Get it checked ASAP; however, it is possible for the dealer to miss the problem.

Getting my annual last June they commented about just such a sound (I had heard it as well) and also a whine on revving (my comment to them). Their advise was to keep listening and should it get worse, bring the car back in.

Turned out to be a pulley on the accessory belt. Froze on a long day trip and I ended up stranded overnight about 125 miles from home. Lucky for me I was still under warrenty and Prosche was great about arranging a tow and repairs; also lucky for me I had friends in the area.

john
2002 Lapis/Grey/Grey S

Thanks for the valuable info. It feels good I'm not the only one and there is somebody out there who has heard it. I took a look at the belts and they were fine . But when i inspected the engine walls, the foam insulator were peeling off and it was literally resting on the top belts and there was a lot of dust from the constant rubbing. I thought that was the problem , put belt dressing, but when i started the engine it was the same sound, skreeeeech for 1second.

Thanks again, I will take to the mechanic and pay an arm and a leg just for the priviledge of diagnosing my car.. (joke)

Have a good superbowl weekend
leiraaariel is offline   Reply With Quote