View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by max_asdf View Post
how much coolant is needed to bring the tank from the min mark to the max mark? 1quart?

has been discussed, but cant find the correct answer, is it ok to top up with prestone, my mechanic did that today... quoting it says all brands all models on the jug. my coolant color was orange/yellow.

i understand this top up is a small amount relative to the whole tank size, however do I need to take this to the dealer and get it flushed out?

I have driven the car since the prestone coolant was added, siphoning is no longer an option.
While some aftermarket coolants are compatible with the OEM product, not all are and mixing can result in major league problems. Two basics: 1). Never let anyone add any other brand coolant to your system. 2). If no Porsche coolant is available, add distilled water instead; the system is so large that a small amount of DI will not alter the freeze point by much.