View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #70
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post
That is looking really nice!
What really pays off on this mod is having cool members like yourself throwing nice compliments. Really appreciated. Cheers mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
nice work on the headlights. Very nice car- no one would ever guess it's year. What wheel size?
Same as yours Woodmans, I'm sure nobody can guess the year of your boxster. One thing for sure, the design of this car is timeless. Quoted from many members already but fun to reminded ourselves.

Wheels are 8.5" (ET40) front and 9.5" (ET40) rear with 235/30-19 & 275/35-19 rubbers. The rear arrives flush to the fender but I like it with a 15mm spacer. The fender to wheel arch follow-up is what makes this car rear-end look badass imo. Don't flame me on the 19" and '97 model too quick.... the wheels are as light as the stockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Looking great! You did reserve a kit for me, right?
Anytime mate. There is a US based member who is looking at retrofitting his but doesn't have time to carry the job and want to send me his headlights. Can I send a kit to you (gift included) and he sends you his headlight for a retrofit job by you? Not far from you. He is happy to support financially I believe - send me a quote if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhh my View Post
What's your secret on getting such nice clean and clear headlight lens without the yellowing from exidation? I have an 03 which have headlights newer than those, garage kept and it's yellowing... Please share.
A bit savage but there you go:

1) Wet sand with #1200 abrasive paper (carbide) (15min per headlight)
2) Wet sand with #2000 (30min per headlight - if you can't find #2000, ask a local jewelry shop where they get theirs)
3) Use a rotary pad/machine and buff them with the Maguire Headlight Restoration kit (a good 30-45min per headlight). Do this in a hot environment..... as in don't let the polycarbonate cool down when buffing them for the whole period.

It's a loooong and painful 2.5hrs job (lol) but as you can see, once done you won't be able to make the difference between an old unit and a NEW one