View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #5
jeffm

Oh yeah....I had this problem too on the 2nd gen batch. Mine only had issues with the passenger side. I called the vendor and he suggested the dremmel method as posted above, but this only helped slightly and it still would not stay locked nor keep power to the headlamp connector. My expectation was a refund/replacement but this was never offered.

Mine was so bad that I had to fashion a small bracket to keep tension on the housing so the light would not pop out. In addition, I even replaced the headlamp tray as the connector would not keep power to the lamp (in the end, the tray was fine). Even after the addition of the bracket, I could not keep consistent power to the lamp. I had to remove the connector assembly from the tray (basically break it off and remove it) and press the connection in by hand.

After these two hacks, I've had no further issues. I feel more confident with the bracket holding the lamp in place as I feared a hard stop would send the lamp flying out. No worries now, but I expected more for 900 bucks.
jeffm is offline   Reply With Quote