View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #53
Nine8Six

** Headlight Preparations Update**

I was told that if you paint the cutoff plate, the lens will reflect that color. That said, if you paint your cutoff yellow, your lens will appear yellow. Pretty neat way to simulate devil eyes but without using additional power, LEDs and cabling!

^ Cutoff plate assembly. Just remove the two little screws behind the mounting bracket and everything falls apart. Do USE high temp paint, always.

^ Off to cooking (120min@ 225). Yes, I cook everything. Love cooking

^ That's what it looks like when reassembled in the projector. Should have gone RED devil eyes but I think the black mean looking eyes will be sufficient here.

^ reflector preps. The whole prep is super easy and takes about 2min to complete.

^ Pain job done. Do yourself a favor and paint ONLY with High Temp paint. Don't believe the others who said that it is not needed. The reflector will become hot and over time believe me the regular aerosol paints will start to peel off. Better be sure than sorry (just cost $20 more, not a crisis).

Trick: paint the back face of the headlight's inserts instead of on top of it. The material is clear polycarbonate so the paint will show just as much as if you paint the top surface. The result is magic e.g. no orange skin spray can effects! The fog light aluminum parts can be removed and painted separately (only two little screws).