View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
Cluelessnblonde

Hi again, I'm still just keeping an eye on the levels every couple of days.

Had to take her along to a local Porsche garage on Friday to pick up a windscreen washer nozzle and took the opportunity to discuss the coolant/oil level situation with the mechanic whilst he was fitting the nozzle.

His feelings were that there are no symptoms of coolant leaking into the oil. She is driving really well and the oil looks perfectly normal according to him, as does the coolant. The coolant is slightly pink/brown which would agree with what was added a couple of weeks ago and the age of the mixture. Apparently the coolant levels do tend to go up and down a little with changes in weather temperature too (we've had some very warm weather here over the last 2 days), so his advice was just to keep an eye on both the levels over the next couple of weeks and to get back to them if I need any further assistance. He said that a compression test would be in the region of £100 to carry out, so that's not too scary.

As before, I'll get back to you in a few days. Meanwhile I'm enjoying driving her again, which is what it's all about after all!

Many thanks again for all your interest and comments. Have a good week.
Cluelessnblonde is offline   Reply With Quote