View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
moresquirt

My concern after looking at this video is if oil that part off the bearing is submersed in(maybe half) is able to penetrate the exterier seal on the bearing and eventually penetrat the inside seal make its way into the IMS shaft,get baked become acidic and eventually make its way back into the bearing again and pit the bearing races and balls causing engine death,then why would even with the DOF kit the inside seal that is permanent not be subject to the same issues as its now sitting in oil which it wasent before PLUS its now subject to up to 60 psi of oil pressure .The pressure may not be an issue as the oil does have somewere else to go so its not air pressure which it has to hold.
Thats why when i pressure test say a coolent system i only use up to 10 lbs because u run the risk of blowing a seal in the motor.So its really comes down to the original problem the seal eventually gives out and lets dirty oil in and eventuallu thru the other side off the bearing regardless if its cool filtered or not.I am still very interested in possibly doing this but need some reassurance,the post below states that its maybe worth doing but after a few more years and a couple thousand cars.I just wish the bearing that porsche installs had a permanent seal of some kind on the inner side that could never be penetrated and therefore this system would be perfect i believe.Just my 2 cents,cdn funds...
moresquirt is offline   Reply With Quote