View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
Aviator912

Help requested for new owner

I have just bought my first Porsche a Boxster S, 2001 and I have a few problems that I would like to solve:

1.Although there is coolant in the system (up to the mark in the tank), if it is driven hard or when in slow traffic the warning light next to the temperature gauge flashes, even though the temperature reads 80, (which I think is normal), any ideas what might cause this. Does it read coolant level or temperature??
2 The key fobs do not work, no light when the buttons are pressed. I think these can be repaired, I saw a place in London through a Google search. Does anybody know a good place in south central UK.
3. The rear screen needs to be replaced, does anybody know a good place to get this done, again south central location.
4. Wheel refurb, any good recommendations?
5. Just also noticed intermittent problem with door window sync and closing. It appears to work if you re-set it as noted in other threads but then forgets when closed from outside. Drivers side only.
6. Windscreen whippers do not return to off position when switched off, they just stop at that point. Also intermittent wipe does not work.

Many thanks for the help

Last edited by Aviator912; 09-22-2013 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Added a few other issues!
Aviator912 is offline   Reply With Quote