View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #32
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz View Post
He said they change from double to single row in 99:
Mine is a 2000 (and just almost failed), it is a double row bearing.

So his logic isn't 100% correct, when he states that engines started failed right after they went from double to single bearing....
Haz, approximately how many oil changes did your double row bearing car have up until the failure began? As you shared with us your double row bearing went nearly 2 1/2 years without an oil change. Somehow I don't think the previous owner(s) were good at critical engine maintenance. Do you have the most recent coolant cap? was the coolant tank and water pump ever replaced?

I think the logic is spot on. Typically lawyers will not chop off a whole big group of possible class action members (more $$$$$) unless the documents they reviewed show that the number of cars that Porsche had to fix as part of their engine replacement program differ greatly from the class action members with only single row bearings. The documents given to them by Porsche via subpoena must have confirmed that there was a big jump in repairs needed once single row bearings were used. If the documents showed the opposite that there were just as many, they would have expanded the pool of plaintiffs or filed a separate complaint for dual row cars.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote