View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
AKnowles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
I'm not being a jerk and this is a serious question, is this the first forum you are registered to? If it is I can understand not being familiar with doing common searches.
If its not your answer above should have been considered a bit more before hitting the send button.
I second this thought. In all honesty, I've been an Internet forum member since ... darn way too long ... and there are always new users to a forum - any forum - that repeat the same response pattern. Instead of looking at the stickies - if there are any with basic forum rules, etiquette, etc. - or using search will just post a message and expect instant gratification. Most don't even bother with a Google search either.

The only time this behavior is understandable is when the forum in question is the very first forum the user has ever used. After that - having had a basic response to use search or been flamed - they should know better.

But let's get real ... you know it, I know it, and most likely they know it too that their behavior is wrong but they are still going to do it. So if you want to stop the noob behavior there is only one way to do it. Just ignore their post and move on. Empty threads are a simple way to tell a user no one is interested or willing to respond to that particular question and maybe that will generate a user response to read a bit before their next post.

PS: Every forum I've ever been to related to any vehicle with an engine has an oil thread(s) and similar response pattern.

Last edited by AKnowles; 09-16-2013 at 07:34 AM.
AKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote