View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
moresquirt

New front brakes,limitations of rotors?

Hi everyone,love this forum even with a 2006 987.1 3.2 S there are many similarities to the older models.I have almost 100000 kilometers (60000 mls) now still with the original rotors (unbelievable) and though they spec out at 26.5 ml (front ) 28 mil new.there are no cracks in the vent holes and no rust anywere,no warpage ect.I did purchase new Porsche rotors and pads ect but decided to just run just another set off pads ,hopefully all will be ok , I do mainly hwy miles and never track the car.I did the pad brake in procedure twice,as i have read that installing new pads on old rotors need extra break-in time so they adjust to the imperfect surface on the older rotors.I will let u know when and what mileage the rotors start to warp or show signs of spider cracks ect.Has anyone here pushed the mileage or limits on older rotors and have some feedback.I figure if porsche states the wear limits are 26 mil there spec on the safe side as some people will be driving thease cars much harder than i with track use ect so taking that into consideration i feel that 25 mil would be an acceptable wear limit.
moresquirt is offline   Reply With Quote