View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 03:28 PM   #3
thenavarro

I would post on ebay with detailed pictures and descriptions. You will have a large pool of potential buyers that way. A lot of deals are closed off ebay that were originally on ebay by individuals making contact with the seller and progressing from there. Selling a car these days is definitely a nationwide event in my opinion. I've actually purchased 3 Porsches that originated on ebay and only one went to completion of the auction.

Also, if you feel comfortable with the individual after speaking with them, talking with them, etc, I would not hesitate in letting them have a test drive, you can accompany them of course. After all is said and done, a Porsche truly is just another car (not trying to be blasphemous, just realistic) and I know that personally, if I took the time to go see a car in person and ask all the appropriate questions, that if the seller would not trust me to drive it, then there is no way they should expect me to trust them enough to purchase a car from them.

I understand your feeling of not wanting to allow joy rides, but in this day and time, it is very difficult to ascertain if the person is serious and has the financial means to complete the transaction 100 times over, or if the person is only just interested in a joy ride. You can't tell this from age, sex, attire, etc, etc, etc. If there are any particular aspects of the car that you want to warn them about before they drive, ie rear engined handling, shifting style you are comfortable with, etc, then make your wishes known before they set off for the test drive.

I personally think the best way to sell someone on an item is to let them experience the experience.

Best wishes and good luck on your sale,

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote