View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
bhduxbury

Send a message via AIM to bhduxbury
yes -- getting beeped at for dropping below 6 is very annoying.

0-5 = hold the switch down the whole time
6-30 = one-touch
31+ = no go

funny, if you one-touch and drop below 6 you get beeped at. but if you hold the switch and then get over 6 and let go, it beeps again. i _think_ (and this is the worst, if true) it will beep if you keep holding the switch on accelerating past 6 just for the fun of it. basically, you can't change speed zones without stopping the sequence and getting a beep. of course, since you are usually just getting going from a parking lot or garage (or coming in to one) when you switch the top up or down, switching between speed zones is almost inevitable. beep!

egads.

and why does the (bose) stereo briefly cut out -- i.e., go totally silent -- when you latch or delatch the roof? it even cuts out if i simply put my finger in near where the latch connects (you know, where the red clip goes).

add in the never-ending seat belt beeps (i have historically not liked to put on my belt until i am on the first street as getting there usually involves backing up or tight maneuvering and the attendant body rotations to successfully complete them) and this is one annoying car.

until you are situated, that is . . . .

Last edited by bhduxbury; 02-01-2006 at 02:43 PM.
bhduxbury is offline   Reply With Quote