View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #13
Timco
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tinker View Post
Go easy guys - we all had to start our breakdown experiences sometime...
At least Donner stopped the car and got a lift home - a lot of youngsters would have kept driving, ignored the ALL the warning signs and then felt the $$ wallet pain later in the day......

Donner - your not out of the woods yet, re read what was written above. If you are not mechanically inclined or are nervous about troubleshooting the problem, try and find a good Porsche shop in your area - I'm sure someone here will chime in with a likley repairer in S.C.
If told the TRUTH about this scenario and how it was treated and for how long, would you want this car for going rate? Will this be disclosed in the trade in, or at the resale? These things get resold. Next guy can baby it all day every day, but may never know it was driven for days / weeks / months with a CEL and high temp / low coolant flashing while the clutch and brake were ridden until they smoked for exactly how many miles? Then he / she (new owner) gets to deal with minor issue after minor issue, and reduced lifespan.

Not trying to beat anybody up, but it's the facts. It's his car to burn up, just don't sell it as some babied Porsche or one that was "driven hard" when it was "driven hot and smoking".
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote