View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
tonycarreon

VA traffic laws suck ass. if you're going over 20, it's automatic reckless driving. you would probably be able to get it reduced to improper driving, and get slapped with some hefty court costs and a probation period in the state (where you'll have to keep your nose clean).

where was the ticket / issuing authority? was it a state trooper or a local officer?

i have dealt with two lawyers in VA - northern. va give kevin wilson a call:
Virginia Drunk Driving Lawyer | Manassas Reckless Driving Attorney | The Wilson Law Firm 703-361-6100

the other is in virginia beach, va - tim quick. Virginia Beach Criminal Attorney | Juvenile Defense Attorney | Norfolk, VA 757-453-7674

usually tend to suggest to others who get pulled over to talk with the DA directly and try to get a reduced charge or deferred adjudication (something i've had pretty good luck with), but when it comes to VA i'd suggest getting a lawyer.

in general, i'd try to get one that lives in/near the jurisdiction where the ticket was issued, as they tend to know the prosecutors a little more and deal with them a lot more. DAs will tend to settle / reduce charges if they can to avoid a lot of time in court.