View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
Touch The Icon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmc55 View Post
I spent a lot of time on this one, but hey, once its on it's on!

Did the OEM removal with dental floss, then polished it up. Didn't look bad, but something was missing. Always intended to do the Porsche emblem anyway.

Talked to Suncoast and wasn't comfortable buying sight unseen. So I went to local LA dealer and received an education on Porsche rear deck emblems. After two trips to them, I got the right one. Well kinda'. We ultimately did a comparison of several Porsche's (Panamera, 911 and Boxster) on their lot and all were different than the strip. Suffice it to say each install is custom, not a peel on, peel off operation.

Then after going to several official Porsche body shops, it was clear each letter has to be set individually even if if looks good on the strip tape. One shop had a $3,000 template (they said), but said it wouldn't fit on my 2004 986. Plus I know shops that do it every day know how to do it better than me. (Of course). So I paid them $65 plus a dozen Subway cookies to put in on. It has the right curvature, spacing and placement. It is to the 2013 Boxster spec and I left off the Boxster emblem.

It really updates the car!
Hey Mark,

Any chance you can refer me to the shop that set the Porsche letters for you? I would much rather pay someone with experience to do this for me. Can I see a picture of how it turned out? Thanks!
Touch The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote