View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
Drphil
midlifechrisis

since I did not receive any comments on this thread a month ago, I thought I would post an update. Maybe because there are few of these out there, and even less that have experienced a leak at the front edge, but I did find the problem and the solution!!!!
Turns out the P.O. must have tried to fix this problem.
1. seals were on the wrong side and backward! so they trimmed the edge of the seal so it would fit better.
2. The clips that hold it down are not reusable, but were reused by the P.O., and since they no longer work, he tried to use silicone sealant to hold them down since the clips could not do the job.
3. He did not use the proper product to seal the top edge gap underneath.

The seals /gaskets are marked making it pretty hard to put them on the wrong side! but he still managed to do it wrong.

- the fix was pretty easy. I ordered new seals/gaskets and new clips for both sides. Total was like $90 from AA. found the parts diagram on the AA website, then called their tech support to see if anyone knew how to do this. interesting that George H. himself answered the phone, was able to explain how to go about popping them off and replacing them, Thanks George!

I actually found the Boxster manual on line from the UK, shows how to take apart and put back together step by step the whole car, about 300 pages .
anyway go the whole thing back together in like 20 minutes.

Just thought i'd vent about the P.O. attempted fix, but he did sell it to me pretty cheap, know I know why !/!#@!.
Thanks
Drphil is offline   Reply With Quote