View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterek View Post
You are right,

My boxster is for pleasure use, i dont drive to work, i will put it away for winter, so the max i will do in a year is about 2000miles,

I really like the wheels and the price $900 for rims and tires in great condition I think is really good, is it??
well if those differing tire tractions can be mixed is a question that needs to be ressolved. Tire Rack would know. You also want to make sure that either of those tires are still available and can be replaced. You don't want to find out that the tire has been discountinued and you're having to buy two or four new tires. I don't know but I've never heard of mixing different tires as being a very common practice.

Also, I'd do some research on those wheels. THose might be discontinued as well. If you crack one and its not fixable there goes your bargain because you'll be buying four new wheels and possible tires again. Also, a completely forged wheel for $900 sounds too good to be true. Decent forged wheels run about $900 a piece. Maybe a wheel mex where the outer/flange is forged and the rest of the wheel is just cast to reduce cost my sound more plausible. Is this seller otherwise too lazy to simply post an ad?
If these wheels are clean with no damage and really are 100% forged he should be asking a lot more.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-26-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote