View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #19
rbennett

This is a true story that happened a while back:

Sitting at the end of a runway on a private airstrip waiting for our corp attorney to land ( and I mean literaly sitting at the end looking straight up the runway)

I was watching an ultra-light aircraft getting ready to take off, he floors it and swear he went at about a 45 degree angle on take off straight up, so I started my car thinking I probably should back up, when his engine siezes at about 150 feet up (it made an incredible CRACK sound).

The ultra-light immeditatly pitches from 45 degree incline to 45 degree decline coming straight at me. I backed up and I went forward trying to figure where he was going to auger in without hitting me! He wizzed over my Porsche and tumbled and came to rest about 200 feet from my car.

I immeditaly jumped out and started to run over to where the crumpled craft was and as I was running I was thinking (I hope to hell he is OK cause I have no medical training and forget about mouth to mouth if he is not breathing ) When I got to the craft, he emerges from a cloud of dust un injured except for a nasty cut on his head. All I said was (are you OK, can I do anything?)

The jerk accuses me of causing the wreck (WTH), which immeditaly gets me fired up, I wipped out the cell phone to call police, to report a wreck, he goes into freak mode and said please dont call anyone.

I put the cell phone away and just said good luck with all of this and left.

2000 2.7 Lapis Blue Boxster, Sports Pkg, Lit, Tip, Exhaust, De amber'fied
1983 911 SC Coupe 3.0 Gaurds Red (restoration, in pieces)
199? 993 Coupe Gaurds Red (lurking for....)
rbennett is offline   Reply With Quote