View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #108
kashmir
Mobile Porsche Surgeon

I don't understand the debate, my Porsche boxter says Porsche on it. But what I have found is 911 owners are more clueless about their car. The bulk of boxter owners I have found tend to work on their own cars. Do all their maintenance and are more in tune to debate about the intermediate shaft bearing problem and so on. The 911 motor of this era has the same issues, it's basically the same car. But what I have found when I get a new customer of a 911 in and I asked him if the cars IMS has been changed or updated they look at me as if I'm talking another language. Here in Texas there is a saying about a man in a cowboy hat, that is a city slicker "all hat and no cattle". I tend to find these kind of folks driving the 911, the trophy wife is with them, that generally has more plastic on her that that GT3 he is driving, kind of "all hat and no cattle"type. And I really could care less if they look down their nose at me. For if they break down and I pull up alongside of them in my boxter and help them get the car back on the road, I wonder who is more the true enthusiast.

The other day I was riding with a friend in his air cooled 911 SC. We came up to a stoplight, some suit type pulled up in a GT R next to us. When the light turned green the GT R took off in launch mode. It was very impressive we had hardly made it to the second crosswalk line, the GT R was already in the next county. My friend turned to me as he shifted into second gear and said "it's still not a Porsche"

http://www.mikesspecialtyautomotiveservice.com/index.html
Early 1996 / 97 Boxster, 130 k, De snorkeled, IMS, Top Speed Headers.
kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote