View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #102
cardiffgiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
Which prompts the question: Why do you carry your car's registration with you... if you aren't driving it? This is almost as mind-boggling to me as PL's statement about filling up somewhere that actually has a gas-station attendant... or worrying about what some stranger, that I'll never see again, says about me or my car... or feeling the need to regale him with my knowledge on all-things-historical about a car company. We get enough people *where I live* that come to my door proselytizing that I really feel no need to further engage with strangers in an attempt to convert them into a Boxster-Beliber or enter into a gas station for something overpriced and processed in exchange for forthcoming accolades. But that's me -- I don't go looking for conversations in gas stations, parking lots, or elsewhere -- not when I have the internet! Carry on.

I'll just go wonder if I should carry registrations, tax statements, retirement summaries, and pictures of other sources of wealth as I grab the list for Target -- just in case I'm stopped.
I'm in full agreement with a lot of what you've said. I didn't buy the thing for anyone but myself and I don't give a crap what anyone thinks about my boxster, or any of my other financial or recreational choices.

I haven't had anyone look down on it, but I've had some interesting reactions.
-"what, did you rob a bank??" I work for a bank
-"mid life crisis?" Actually, yes. Most of the men in my family haven't lived to 70. I'm working toward a plan to improve my health, set myself up to retire in my 50s, and to have a great friggin time while I'm still young.
-I own some income property and one of my tenants reactions was "damn, you don't look like a rapper or football player!"
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote