View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #101
cfos

Quote:
Originally Posted by laphan View Post
Well, not too add to this boxster/911 thing.
owning both 996 and 986 of the same year make me realize that people who think lowly on boxster normally not porsche owners or never driven a boxster before.
Once someone approached me in gas station filling up the boxster asking about boxster as cheap porsche and 911 is the real porsche. I shot him down by saying boxster is actually more like a real porsche than 911. He was not happy by saying that only people can't afford 911 can say that. So I pulled the 911 registration out of my pocket and showed him that I own both, definitely know porsche better than him, his face turned red and left.

I thought about selling the boxster after I decided to buy the 996. I cannot let my self selling the boxster, they are different cars. Boxster is more fun to drive, more like a go kart. 911 is more like a GT car, quiet and smooth. Main reason for 996 is the back seat for my daughter.

Also, try to push boxster and 911 to their limit with traction off, and see what happens.
I did and the results in 996 ain't pretty with the back end on the wrong side (almost no mercy when the rear end steps out)...
Which prompts the question: Why do you carry your car's registration with you... if you aren't driving it? This is almost as mind-boggling to me as PL's statement about filling up somewhere that actually has a gas-station attendant... or worrying about what some stranger, that I'll never see again, says about me or my car... or feeling the need to regale him with my knowledge on all-things-historical about a car company. We get enough people *where I live* that come to my door proselytizing that I really feel no need to further engage with strangers in an attempt to convert them into a Boxster-Beliber or enter into a gas station for something overpriced and processed in exchange for forthcoming accolades. But that's me -- I don't go looking for conversations in gas stations, parking lots, or elsewhere -- not when I have the internet! Carry on.

I'll just go wonder if I should carry registrations, tax statements, retirement summaries, and pictures of other sources of wealth as I grab the list for Target -- just in case I'm stopped.

Last edited by cfos; 08-25-2013 at 10:55 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote