View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
993innc

New to the board and with an odd issue

I picked up an '02 today (well actually a month ago but just took delivery) and it's got a strange thing happening, hoping someone else has experienced this before and can point me in the right direction.

The car sat for at least 2 years, battery was dead(er) than dead! We hooked a jump up to it and it seems the interior blower wants to blow on high but out of no specific location. On top of that, the CCU screen isn't on, the radio doesn't come on..........all is dead accept the silly blower......related? Any obvious things to play with? I haven't dove into the car yet so haven't check fuses etc.....but this seems a bit more odd than just fuses.

When the jump box died, we hooked up a real dealership diagnostic charger/jumper and in the start assist mode I did see the CCU screens flickering with the voltage, so not sure what that means either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. All of my Pcars are oil pumpers, this is my first water pumper. Going to make it track beater so if the electrical stuff is too big of a pain, I'll not worry about it, but it would be nice to have AC on those hot southern track days!

TIA
993innc is offline   Reply With Quote