View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 05:04 PM   #11
BadBoyS

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdyh
I am another Ohioan who chopped his window to a nice crack. It is 51 degrees today. Unseasonably warm for mid-winter, so I dropped the top, did the top, to hear the horrible crack. So my question is this;

1) I don't suppose top replacement is a warranty item..I am still under warranty.

2) I know this question has been covered extensively in this forum, but there is still no clear answer to me atleast..the question of engine access with the glass top. Is there a definatively answer...

I hate that plastic window..my only criticism of the car.....

docdyh
I don't believe it is covered in the Factory warranty mines out but I did ask the dealer if it was covered anyway and they said no(if it where in warranty). If you have a after market warranty you might have a better chance although most times in my experience those warrantys only cover drive train . You might have gotten a premium warranty you will have to check. I really tossed around the plastic window, glass window debate again search the thread under convertible top. My research finds the glass after market window hinders very little if any service space. If there is a problem the top can be unhooked and moved out of the way easily. I'm going with glass due to our weather conditions and also want to spend my time driving the car not chopping and blow drying the plastic window. (no offence MN i have learned alot from reading your posts just my opinion) best of luck Stoddard is the dealer that gave me the decent price.
1995 Honda Civic *Track Toy*
1971 Olds Cutlass Convertible
1968 Camaro SS 396 4 speed
2000 V Star 1100
BadBoyS is offline   Reply With Quote