View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #100
bravosd6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmods View Post
Well well well... there's a decent looking 986. Was convinced this didn't exist until today
Thank you both. I wasn't a huge admirer of 986's either. There was just something not complete about them to me. So like some others I made my own hard top which more resembles the classic lines of a Porsche car. In this case sense the Cayman is the same chassis I felt it only proper to model the roof after a Cayman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderRS View Post
Wow! Looks great, thumbs up! You have more pictures and informations about mods and wheels?
I got the Cayman windows, hatch and went to town. I made the roof free formed which originally was shape in foam and finished in carbon fiber. This was the result. The car has a ton of mods, probably too many to list at this hour. I may make a build thread when I'm closer to satisfied. Obviously the custom made CF hard top is the biggest mod. It took me way way longer to make than I first thought. I have hundreds of man hours in it now and it's only about 85% done(just the hard top that is). A quick list.
-CF Cayman style hard top w/ Cayman side and quart windows
-Flared wheel arches
-Side skirts
-CF hood(not yet installed), hatch, dashboard, center console, diffuser(not yet installed)
-Techart rear spoiler
-996 GT3 seats
-Wheels
-Eibach springs/bilstien struts(soon to be coilovers)
-Brembo S brakes
-Stainless headers to straight pipe into X pipe
-Intake stuff
-Lots and lots of weight reduction
-Retrofitted Xenons with projectors(done right)
-Lots of interior pieces wrapped with both black Italian cow hide swede and Alcantara, with custom red stiching
-AC delete
-Diff
-List goes on and on with other little things

As far as the wheels go they are 20"X 10.5" Niche Targa wheels. I went with dubs for street use, because the Cayman Techart GT widebody rocks dubs and it looks good. I'm powder coating them gloss black so they should look a little smaller after that. Also tires for 20's are quite a bit less than 19's and 18's are just to small looking for street appeal in my opinion. I had to do 10.5 all the way around because I am a nut for concaved wheels, and the other sizes of these wheels smaller than 10.5 are flush with no concaveness to them. They have spacers in the rear so it looks staggered with the proper Porsche hips, but I get great grip in the front now too. I did have to do quite a bit of modifying in the front to get the wheels to clear. I still think they are big wheels but, when I go Techart widebody they will look more proportioned. They're not for everyone, but I like just sitting back and looking at its stance. Ultimately I wan't a car that looks show/street, but preforms like a track car.

Last edited by bravosd6; 08-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.
bravosd6 is offline   Reply With Quote