View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
reiver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Absolutely stinks.

I gotta tell you, I love my 2000S (112K) and have had great 'luck' with the car. It's at a price point that I think I could stomach it if the motor took a crap. I love the look of the 987's and the new 981's but am unwilling to play the lotto with more $$ on the line.

It's funny. We picked up an '04 350Z roadster a month ago for my wife. The car has right at 100K miles and for some reason, it doesn't scare me at all! Time will tell.
I hope it's an 04.5 350Z. The younger ones had tons of problems. I had an 03 and it was the only time I've had a manual tranny or clutch blow....and it happened 4 times due to design flaws on both the clutch and tranny. Problem went away when they upgraded me to 05 tranny and clutch assembly.

I wasn't worried about any sort of Porsche lottery and was blissfully ignorant (having loads of fun driving it) until I started reading this forum after I bought mine on the last day of June. Now I'm paranoid as hell and have never done so much preventative maintenance on top of having AOS go out after 3 weeks of ownership and then a significant leak around the driver side bank. I've gotten real good with the 4 jackstands and still love the car, though...

I should have taken out stock in Pelican parts in hindsight...lol
reiver is offline   Reply With Quote