View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #5
bryant

Lest anyone misunderstand, I was completely joking about the "someone slashed my window" quip. Basically, when I asked how to approach my insurance company, I just wasn't sure what was important to tell them, and what wasn't. Figured some here had to have experienced this, so wanted to ask. Just don't want people thinking this is a thread about defrauding USAA. Were that my goal, I'd have been loathe to post here with my last name as the username, the name of my insurance company, and my city and state in the postbit.

That said, thanks a bunch for the info. It's been helpful. I'm calling USAA now. Our home was struck by lightning a few years ago, and a good 80% of the electronics within were completely destroyed. USAA was amazing through the whole thing, even went above and beyond a few places. I hope they'll be as good here, and I'm sure they'll be fair, at the very least.

The one upside to my health issues is we're not in a gigantic rush to get this fixed, as I can't drive the car right now. So that's working in our favor, at least.

Thanks all.
bryant is offline   Reply With Quote