View Single Post
Old 01-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #4
BadBoyS

Sorry to hear anbout the rear window. Im up north in ohio had the same thing happen to me in the end of December. I got the car for xmas. I also had the car in a heated garage ~50 deg when I was showing a friend the new ride the window cracked on the way down. There is a great thread just search convertible tops. The GAAH top seems nice and has a lot of good feed back. The thread mentions a discount that the top installer is SUPPOSED to give you when ordering from GAAH. Seems the two Official GAAH dealers up here just mark up the top to get the difference in the discount. I called both before I had this information, then went back to them and they quoted me the same price for the top (after the discount). NICE Even better one is the dealer was cheaper than the top place on install. So I a going to order from CabrioWorld and have the dealer install the top and have the brakes bleed at the same time (they discount the job if other work is being done). I'd be real careful with the insurance stuff there good at knowing what to look for. At least on mine the way the crease is theres no doubt it was just the top it self. Also checked having the window replaced with plastic (can be done non porsche plastic window(they dont make a replacement) cost is only a few hundred bucks less then total replacement (from what I've found) and you still have to deal with the plastic window) If your weathers anything like ours the glass window is the best bet!!!

$ 3400.00 new top installed at dealer (porsche top plastic window)
$ 1200.00 new top (after market) (dealer installed) Glass window
$ 1485.00 new top (after market)( top place 1) Glass window
$ 1450.00 new top (after market) top place 2 Glass window

Yeah I know the dealer is cheaper !!!wth TheY must want by business and there going to get it.... Good luck.... :dance:
1995 Honda Civic *Track Toy*
1971 Olds Cutlass Convertible
1968 Camaro SS 396 4 speed
2000 V Star 1100
BadBoyS is offline   Reply With Quote