View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
markk

> Not so with the Boxster. Porsche did a fair job of maximizing the design on their own. There are relatively mild gains, for what to me at least, seems an exorbitant cost.

Blablabla. Is this your salesmanager talking ?

Porsches are just cars, just like others (sorry guys). My 3.2S puts on 252bhp which is 78bhp per liter which is nice but not very on the limit. Modern NA sportengines are expected to put out 100bhp or more per liter in a reliable manner.

Look under you car at the exhaust headers. I have never, ever, seen such crappy headers.

There is much to gain, however you will loose reliability (wasn't that perfect to start with) and pay premium dollars for intake, exhaust and remapping modifications only. After that you can do cams, throttle bodies, porting of the head, etc. ,etc., etc.

Don't get me wrong. I really _LOVE_ my S and find it a near perfect car and I wouldn't think about putting mods on it. I'm an originality freak and like the car just as it is.
(but don't say its tuned to the maximum engineering limit and can't be put any further. That is completely XXXXX)

Last edited by Brucelee; 01-28-2006 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Moderator discretion
markk is offline   Reply With Quote