View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
As my example before I got my 2001 Boxster base which I have had 2 years, I had a 99 Miata for 4 years. I would think that your Mustang was pretty cheap to run just like a Miata. I cannot run my Box for less than $2k a year - I do basic maintenance but most of the time I take it to the indy shop.

When I try a burnout at a green light I smell clutch smell(it smells expensive =$$$$). So I don't do it anymore. Cornering and acceleration once rolling are fun. This is not a car to run on a shoestring budget. Tracking would be fun but am sure it would be expensive. I could easily spend $6k on my car if I wanted to fix and replace. Spoiler is disabled, new ims, weepy rms, replace water pump etc but the essentials are running fine.

On the plus side the air cond. in my car works great and it has low mileage - 40k and it has proved to be reliable. I do change the oil at every 5k miles and put in the right octane fuel. Good luck with your search but luck has less to do with it than knowledge. Do all the internet searching/reading you can on the various Porsches/Boxsters/911's etc. I like the modern design of the Boxster, good heat, good air etc etc Drive different cars and once you find one you like a PPI is a must....
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote