View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
mustang2porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono0001 View Post
Ooof, so many things to address. The fact that you even ask question 1 makes me question whether or not you're ready to be owning a Porsche.
Which leads directly into question 2- unless you are a DIY kind of guy, you're going to be paying a lot. Parts are hard to come by and are downright murder sometimes.

As for question 3, you say "aggressive driver" coming from a mustang. Does that mean you like to drop the clutch a lot and do burnouts? If so, the Boxster is not the car for you. It is as 180 from an American muscle car as you can get. These badboys were made for corners, and you'll be disappointed if straight speed is what you want.

As for what year, I would suggest getting something with a dual row to avoid IMS issues.

Happy huntin'!
well i asked question 1 because i don't mind paying for premium, just asking if i can get away with regular

second question, yes i am a DIY guy, rebuilt the stangs motor no problem, as long as i have a manual or friendly people to tell me what to do.

third, i put coil overs on the stang for cornering, i know the boxster isn't fast in a straight line, but my local track doesn't have a drag strip, it's a roadcourse track.

lastly what is a dual row? does a specific year come with one.

i'm looking at getting atleast an 04 boxster S if not an 01 or newer.

also wanted t know if the boxster is mod friendly, though i think i doubt it.
mustang2porsche is offline   Reply With Quote