View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 04:22 AM   #28
V-Rod
Newb

I have been driving a lot lately and I am still down in the Tennessee mountain area and wanted to give my car a fast cleaning. I always have my kit of towels, cleaners and waxes with me. I went to get out my trusty bottle of Zymol detailer and it was empty. Hit three Auto-Zone, Advanced Auto etc. stores and not one bottle to be had. So I remember reading on this forum of someone raving about Turtle Wax ICE spray wax and Spray Detailer. So I purchased a bottle of each. I clean my car often and was looking to just use detailer but it was a mild day in the 80's and I figured I would give the wax a go since it stated "apply in sun or shade" and "perfect for all exterior surfaces including plastics, black trim and even glass". So I gave it a go and I have to say it was a joy to apply and my ride looked and felt so good after I was just amazed. I could not resist gliding my hand over the surface and looking at the depth of the metal-flake in the Ocean Blue paint. Awesome stuff and thanks to who ever it was on this forum that suggested it. I have been a Zymol fan for years and apply it regularly but since it is based on naturally derived waxes, I do need to do it often. This Turtle Wax product is made with synthetic polymers and expected to last longer. I have not used the detailer yet but I will try that in a few days. BTW, My clear plastic rear window has never looked better and my power windows glide like a brand new car. The wax went on so nice and easy I am wondering if I even needed the detailer. I will update this post when I do.
2008 Land Rover LR3 Alaska White/Alpaca
2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Dk Grey/Lt Grey
V-Rod is offline   Reply With Quote