View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 06:56 AM   #7
Perfectlap

I drove the mazdaspeed turbo miata but not this latest 180 HP (or close to that, certainly with some mods) Not really a huge difference in ooomph over my 150 HP 1.8 handling was no more dialed in either. The new mx5 is pricey for sure. But its a car that has been in development for nearly 15 years now. Handling and steering is just as good as the S2000 or Boxster. Its low weight means accelration is plenty good. And the high revving engine is awesome. And to tell you truth it was more fun at the autocross because it had a bit of oversteer.
I wouldn't take a heavier 2.5 Boxster for this new Miata. A 3.2 now that's a different story!

From a driver's point of view its a top roadster no question but if you are interested in what other's think about your car or you are a status seeker its certainly not the choice. I dunno buying a car for others to think you are wealthy always seemed really tacky to me. Some people just appreciate finely made cars.

p.s.
rteichman, a few mods and I sold my 1994 Miata in November of 2004 for $7,000.
When I picked up my BoxsterS at the dealer I saw a 1996 M edition and the salesman told me it was a trade in they bought from the owner for $2,500
Some people's ability to reason and negotiate goes out the window when they walk into a dealership.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 01-27-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote