View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Chard

Send a message via Yahoo to Chard
Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock1701 View Post
Nice instructions. I recently did this, too. I just want to add that for the black plug (which I also got free from Crutchfield), the 12v constant power and the switched power are switched aroundwhen I checked with pelicanparts' writeup. I noticed it because my stereo wouldn't save any settings I made. Therefore, I had to manually switched the two pins on the black connector.
Yes, you're right. Crutchfield says that the Red wire and the Yellow wire are switched. See note on their instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterek View Post
Chard

What model of the radio did you buy?

Does it improve the sound a lot?

I have 00 S with hifi sound and the sound is far from hifi it sounds like well old radio
I bought a Kenwood KDC-X597. My main goal was to introduce streaming audio and bluetooth telephone capability. I also wanted to make sure I had 6 pre-amps for when I upgrade the factory amp and speakers in the near future.

Deck alone, yes, the speakers sound better. You have much more control with settings to get the most out of the speakers. Inevitably though, you'll have to change the speakers/amp in order to get a good sounding system.

One thing to note, the stock door speakers in your system are 2 ohm. Replacing it with a 4 ohm will sound horrible. You'll have to change the amp if you want to go that route, unless you buy new 2 ohm speakers.

Past:
'99.5 B5 A4 1.8tqms, '02 e46 m3 convertible
Chard is offline   Reply With Quote