View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #12
Brian0icu812

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmike View Post
Engine, trans, wheels, top, windscreens -- some big money in easy parts.

You didn't say it, but it sounds like you weren't hurt. Hopefully that is the case.

The car looks really torn up, but the passenger compartment looks solid. Did the airbags deploy? Can you talk more about the collision and the safety of the occupants?

/
Yeah i was going about 85 when someone hit my right rear on wet pavement which caused the front to go right and into a kia armanti no seat belt but no injuries aside from small cut on my elbow and the left knee took the impact and was bruised. Other guy was ok, and the initial guy who hit me drove off.
Was just me in the car, both airbags went off, and some of the plastic covers inside flew off but other then that and airbags, the inside is intact and complete.

I was surprised the cars safety features work really well and the impact was absorbed in the front really well, while it doesnt look pretty it did its job. If the sheet metal was cut away and the towing company didnt break the control arms on the right wheels it would still drive although i doubt steering would be great.

And i thank you guys for your expertise, you've been a great wealth of information. I was on the fence if i should mess with it but i really loved the car and hate to see it crushed
Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote