View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Brian0icu812

Question: Wrecked my 99 and tryign to figure out if worth keeping

Hello, While i'm a lurker here on a regular basis I dont post much but in this situation i need some advice.
Story: was hit in the right rear quarter, lost control and smashed into a sedan, Pics at bottom.

My car isnt worth fixing IMO and would cost to much but it does still start and run fine. So my question is how much does a "roller" usually cost? and is it worth it or just buy another outright.

The insurance offering em to buy mine back for $1,500 which seems worth it for engine and trans alone

My car:
99 base red triptronic
black leather, no frills like heated seats or light washers but still B+ on all interior with only slight crackign on the drivers leather seat.
Engine is original 2.5l 78,000
Trans original triptronic 78,000 no ims done

The Damage:
The front is smashed as you can see
The right rear quarter has some scraps
The window is broken
The control arms on the rear and front wheel sare broke from idiots towing and moving
The right door is shoved back into the rear quarter
the convertible top does not close all the way so im thinkink frame damage in the middle somewhere

I really loved this car and def want another, I dont car about rebuilt titles and was thinking if i can fine another that had the IMS problem i could save a lot of money vs. buying one i know nothing about. I'm just out of college so i dont have tons of money. My family works on cars and knows mechanics so an engine swap is possible very cheap.

Is this just wishful thinking :ah: or is it worth the 1500 to buy the car back

Brian0icu812 is offline   Reply With Quote