View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
Perfectlap

I know many Neopolitan's in the food industry. I like that you type the way you actually talk.
As a food broker you must know the Roma foods guys and their indoor railroad pretty well.
I was also lucky to be at cycling camp with a professional racing team in Rome, Naples and Molise so I too know the difference of getting the 'real deal' San Marzano's. The Nina's from Costco aren't terrible for $5 and that big as hell can. Better than buying tomatoes from here.

I have an early 2000 build so I lucked out with getting the dual row bearing from the factory. It came out of the car nearly perfect, no play, looked good as new. but we replaced it with the LNE dual row anway. I only wish I did the exchange sooner, I ended up riding the clutch too long which ended up burning the flywheel and that added another $1K or whatever to the $2K clutch/ims/rms repair. Another reason not to wait too long to replace the IMS bearing.

2002 S most likely has a single row bearing. Upgrading that bearing is cheap if you go with the Pelican bearing but its not permanent. I think its not supposed to stay in for more than 50K miles. Or you can do the LNE Solution that never has to be done again but that's at least $2K in parts probably another $1K in labor. You may have to check availability though, sounds like doing the permanent repair is more popular.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote