View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
Chuck W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerESQ View Post
ChuckW - That Guards Red console looks sexy as hell! Thanks for sharing that, I was going to go with silver, but now I'm thinking red console, and keeping everything else black. That's a great looking interior you've got there. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have the steering wheel redone with the red stitching?
Thanks. I had the steering wheel done in Poland by www.carsdream.com. At the time it was $250 plus another $50 for shipping it there. I have had four steering wheels done by them including the one in my Tundra truck. The turnaround time is anywhere from four to six weeks (being on the right coast yours would be quicker). I had the wheel thickened, and recovered in leather with the red stitching.

Also, regarding your installation of a short shifter. I did a lot of searching on the subject. If you elect to go with a short shifter, I would go with an OEM 997 short shift console. I ended up putting a regular 997 shift console in and got a little less shift throw and a lot smoother, less notchy, shift.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD

Last edited by Chuck W.; 08-13-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote