View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wret View Post
A couple months ago someone rifled through my car taking spare change and a $5 pocket knife. They missed two pairs of Ray-bans and helped me find my wheel lock key so I was only a little annoyed. Last week they got into my wife's car and got two pairs of designer sunglasses and some cash. They also hit up the neighbor's car for some minor stuff and at least one or two other in the neighborhood. The cars were probably unlocked. It's a quiet neighborhood and the cars are probably locked 95% of the time.It's likely a local teenager.

I'm thinking of making up a decoy box of goodies that will mechanically activate an air-horn or even some pepper spray. Not sure I want the pepper in the car and it could leave me open to retaliation. Any ideas on catching bastard?
I like the air horn thing. thats funny. If it were me and this will sound weird...If I had to leave my car out, I just would make sure there was nothing in it and leave it unlocked so they dont try to gain access another way ie through back windown or through the convertible top. But again - that is just me. maybe they will get the hint that there is no reason to go to your car as there is never anything in it. OR go buy a cheap camera for outside and catch them on tape and give to the cops.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote