View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #15
Trakehner

[QUOTE=eslai]Alright guys, let me try this again:

4. I got a ticket on the same day I left traffic court. Tell me that I'm not allowed to gripe about that!

QUOTE]

So you sat in a courtroom for some period of time, paid a fine... and then did the same thing? Tell me I'm not allowed to make fun of you for that!

What's the word for someone who does the same thing over and over again, expecting a different outcome?

Hey, I've lived in both San Diego County and Orange County. If you passed a cop in San Diego at 92 mph and he didn't ticket you... he wouldn't be doing his job. Even if "everyone else" was doing 85, that's still seven mph over the speed of traffic... and 27 mph over the posted limit!

And you're shocked that he had the audacity to cite you for this?

Yeah, I've gone over the legal limit. Yeah, I've been caught in "speed traps". One time, I was cut out of herd of a bunch of people exceeding the posted limit, and yeah, I was the only Porsche in the group. Coincidentally, I was also in Arizona, and had the only set of California plates in the group... and do you know what?

When it came right down to it, there were all kinds of reasons to think he was being "unfair". But the bottom line, no matter what the excuses were, I was actually guilty of doing what he had accused me of doing. Sure, he "should" have cited everyone else... but even if he did, I would have still ended up with a ticket!

A mature person accepts responsibility for his own actions.
Trakehner is offline   Reply With Quote