View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
Crono0001

I've had both. I currently have the new 2nd generation installed. I was one of the first to get the black 1st generation, and am the first to get the 2nd generation in the US. The distributor I bought from was nice enough to warranty my 1st pair.

I love these lights. To me, they look amazing. I've put HID bulbs inside the projectors, and they command a whole different aura than what the car originally had. It much updates the look.

The first generation had a few faults. My lens cracked up, and one of the pegs broke off. The fog lights also had a tendency to melt the whole housing. Nothing too major, the light did what it was supposed to do.

The second generation uses a different material for the lens, which say it prevents cracking. It stood up to Arizona's 120F summers better than its predecessors did, that's for sure. It also came with 27W H7 bulbs for the fogs. The lower wattage should keep your housings from melting. I've replaced them with HIDs anyways, so it wasn't a big deal. The LEDs around the projector are also bulkier for the 2nd generation.

I can't really say much since I paid $700 shipped for them, but I am very happy with the lights. It gives the 986 a unique look- Porsche bug-eyes with Audi-like LED eye liner.
Crono0001 is offline   Reply With Quote