View Single Post
Old 01-26-2006, 06:01 AM   #12
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai
Wow Jim, that was mighty low of you.

I went ahead and took the first two tickets gracefully, and now that I'm griping about getting a third ticket from CHP in Orange County you guys are going to admonish me? Thanks. I love this place. Maybe you guys live in some strange world where you don't drive over the speed limit and I'm some kind of demon for doing so.

I'm not saying that the cop was not within his rights--like I said, I got caught for going 92 and that was well justified. The reason I say Orange County cops are dicks is because OC is well-known for having more stringent cops. I never get ticketed in San Diego, which is where I do nearly all of my driving. The police down here seem to have more important things to do than hassle commuters.

The reason I'm pissed off about this last one is because they set up a radar trap for the sole purpose of generating revenue for the county. They were picking off people that were moving with the flow of traffic, not targeting people that were driving recklessly, racing or what not.

Maybe you're just in a grumpy mood or something, otherwise I can see no other reason for telling me something as obvious as "well, if you'd follow the rules you wouldn't get ticketed". I mean, way to kick a man when he's down. I come on here asking for ways to mount a plate without drilling holes in my bumper, I vent a little steam about getting some tickets and y'all are so supportive. Nice community.

As for your arguments about the front plate (which I wasn't crying about--as SD987 said, it's inevitable and we all understand that I'm sure), the cop came up behind me. The front plate had no bearing on his decision to pull me over, nor did any profile of the thirty-year-old behind the wheel. He just pulled me over because the guy with the radar on the bridge said "Hey, get that guy." Had it been you in your boxster in that group of cars, they would have pulled you over too.
Hi,

I am not at all in a Grumpy Mood. And, I still believe you are a Fine Fellow! And, I did say I was Sorry that I could not be more Sorry for you...

Most of us, including me, are guilty of some infraction on the road from time-to-time. If you acidentally get pinched because you were over the limit without realizing it, that's one story. But, if you act reckless, or as in your case, make a conscious decision to ignore the Law by not affixing your Front Plate, whining about it later because they got you seems a little bit silly. You were playing the Odds in a Game which will catch up with you someday. It is unrealistic to believe that eventually, you wouldn't get nabbed .. this was simply that day. But, in all sincerity, I hope you come through it OK!

Agreed, most States, Counties and Municipalities are putting greater emphasis on generating Traffic Revenues to shore-up Budget shortfalls elsewhere. But, that's even more reason for a Driver to give the Authorities as little Cause to cite you as possible.

I hate Front Plate Laws, I agree with you that they are silly. But, I don't get to make that decision, and apparently, neither do you. If you think it looks Bad on a Boxster, you should see what it does to the appearance of my Lotus Esprit!

This is a Car Enthusiast Forum. Our purpose should be to promote FUN, SAFE, LEGAL, Driving Practices. I'm not sure we should be running threads about Street Racing, Removing Emissions Devices, Adding Non-DOT Devices, etc., or otherwise dodging the Laws. People will make all those decisions on their own without any encouragement from us...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote