View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #27
Deserion
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Chick View Post
Also, I'm very suspicious of the company. After the New York Times reporter test drove one and found it wanting (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/automobiles/stalled-on-the-ev-highway.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0) he got severe blow back from the company. They implied that, essentially, he had "driven it wrong". Well, I'm sorry, but how many people are going to "drive it right"? I think Tesla "doth protest to much".
The claims of the writer were put into question when the data didn't match his statements, in that he falsified "issues" (ex. never ran out of power when called for a flatbed). A group of Model S owners did the same route and had no issues, I believe, just to prove the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Chick View Post
The dealership in the mall is a huge gimmick, plus it keeps you from test driving the car. Seriously? Why - oh, why - are people lining up to buy a car they haven't driven?
State laws, in many cases, forbid them from allowing test drives. Thank the NADA and dealership lobbies for this. So they, instead, showcase the cars but cannot discuss pricing either. Legal mess they're trying to fight.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote