View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #3
trimer
jakesbox

That certainly is a strange noise, especially the last video. Have you done any work on the car at all? taken the tires off...moved anything on the back end, fiddled with anything at all or only driven it?

I am not sure what an IMS would sound like failing but I would bet it doesnt sound like that. I was told marbles rattling in a metal bucket is what it sounds like. that sounds like metal on metal rubbing or something like that. I know some people have had some strange noises from the way weights were put on rims after a tire change - too close to the edge of the rim and it can rub as it goes around...but two of your videos the car was stationary.

I have also heard of people having a squealing noise when their spark plugs were loose...

I had a bad squeak noise but it was upon take off and under load and it was my exhaust rubbing - on my 02 boxster but that was after I changed to the fabspeed exhaust and they needed to cut some of the heat shield away.

Could be a million things though.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote