Thread: surgery update
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
trimer
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo View Post
Next up - powder coating wheels in gunmetal grey (need to find center caps to match)

I also went gunmetal powder coat on my carrera light wheels as this color is great for hiding brake dust. As my center caps were plastic (with the raised colored logo) powder coating these were not an option. Fortunately the powder coating shop did have rattle cans of matching paint for some of the powder coating colors (including gunmetal) so this made changing the center cap color easy.

BTW My driver side window just recently started doing the same as you described. I tried Dave.S's solution and it seem to fix the problem. However a few days later and it is acting up again.and I am not sure what to do next. Add more tension or dig deeper into the window track system to see if there is another problem?

Ken
What an easy fix though. I look forward to seeing if it works. I don't want to spend 600 bucks!
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote