View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #6
Perfectlap

I did a full day of the EVO advanced school at that very lot in the a full on monsoon. Wow. Make sure your wipers work well. And get ready for some lock up/drifting/sliding/cone smashing.

1- Go to Sports Authority and get some Frogg Toggs. If you're on cone duty, you'll thank me.

2-bring some dry clothes.

3- drive with your arms not your wrists.

4- don't rock side to side like you're on a boat, keep your shoulder blades pinned.

5- stick a little piece of tape around the steering wheel at the 12'oclock so you'll notice when you're shuffling the wheel.

6-Let first gear gear come up all the way, don't dump it right away. I doubt they'll stick a hairpin right at first gate.

7-in the slalom, keep the revs/throttle consistent. Don't be afraid to knock them over, you're further away than you think.

8-Sketch the course as a map on note pad. Number each corner. Close your eyes and picture each section by number.

9- First couple of laps. Go slow. Slow enough to where you can start seeing the next section without being distracted by what's going inside the cockpit. Once your eyes know the course then your arms and feets can start driving. Don't do it the other way around.

10-Bring protein bars, cliff bars, candy bars, any kind of bar. And something to drink. You'll want to pass out by 1 PM if you don't.

if its cloudy, dig out your shooting glasses. Cuts the glare. I have a set from Dick's Sporting goods for like $10. Also, bring a pressure gauge and air compressor that plugs into the cig lighter. And bring some painter's tape from Home Depot. Tape around the wheel arches up front if there is a lot of loose pebbles around, those aren't good for paint. The tape is also handy for making a door number.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote