View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
heymanwatchthis

I have had the same feeling about my 2001 S with 88k miles - just bought it in January and subsequently upgraded the IMSB (stock was in good shape). Love the car but get nervous about things I read on boards, the odd 3,000 rpm resonance etc etc that makes me feel it is delicate.

Last night I drove an autocross event and decided to drive the car hard as fast as I could and not worry about my car, just drive it.

During my runs there was nothing that felt fragile about the car at all - it actually had a solid bulletproof feel when pushed and seemed to ask for more. It performed very well and helped me deliver consistently better times each run, and actually seemed kind of bored, like it was capable of far more. As a novice I turned in some very good times, largely due to the high levels of performance these cars are capable of.

As long as real problems are fixed and the cars are maintained, we should just get out there and enjoy them for what they are made to do - go fast with phenomenal handling.

Try taking it out for a DE or autocross event and just have fun with it and see if it changes your perception, it certainly worked for me!
heymanwatchthis is offline   Reply With Quote